Wednesday, October 19, 2005

WSOP 2005: Hellmuth's exit




Would of wrote this earlier, but there is a damn thing called school.

First off, I have to say that I am not a huge fan of the swearing penalty. I, myself have a potty mouth and I think it takes away from the game. Who the fuck (see; told ya I was bad :-P) invented this penalty?! That is why poker is a game for 21 and up donks! Everyone there is an adult and swearing is normal goddamit!!

Back to pokah. So I had to miss half of the 1st show (hopefully willcatch a re-run this weekend) and with my luck, Phil Hellmuth had to be at the TV table. Despite his Chicago WhiteSox luck (hey they haven't won it all yet...), he played the absolute best at the table. Mad props to the man!! Raising with AK vs. old man with AA and flop as the poker gods can only do to Phill 4-4-A. But what does Phil do... check-check. Whew. Turn Queen. Check to old man's big bet (more than half the pot) and folds (I would of put the old fart on KK or JJ with that kind of bet) HOLY SHIT!! What a monster laydown!! And to only lose the minimum as he could that hand! Who else could of laid that one down?! His quotes (if someone where to have please send me them; most appreciated). What do the pokah gods (if you really are out there, please stop messing with Phil :-D) do to reward him, that is right. His AK gets rivered by some donk who puts it all in with KJ with a Jack on river. Phil even calls him a "donk" or "donkey" (was hard to hear cuz I was laughing at the blowup) and then calls him a "suckah!!" And that lucky don't says Phil is a crybaby. What a fuckin hypocrite. Just the hand before, he was complaining about a "bad beat" that wasn't a bad beat (nut staight on flop; opponent hit a set and then boat on river) that happened to him. Total donk. If you ever play online lucky donk, give me your screen name.

As only Phil can, he steams off. God what a great wife Phil has. Phil you are lucky; she puts up with you and gave you courage and a good luck kiss. Things would change right? Oh wait... "If there weren't luck involved, I'd win everyone of them." I am starting to believe it. Of course Phil never bull shits. Maybe his steam break was too long as his chippies were short-stacked that he had to call "X-22" aka "Nose" Paul McGrille raise with my jinx hand AQ and lose to X-22's 7-7. Consillation prize; HUGE blowup!! Shakes X-22's hand in disgust and looks at donk and smirks / evil look: can't tell with sunglasses on (very classic). Then he goes to critiques X-22's bad play of moving all his chips in with 7s and of course the donk. Also mentions the "luck not involved" quote again. Just as good as the one against Annie Duke in the TOC last year.

Phil's blowups are great and fun to watch but goddamit, I would be even more happy if the guy would win. IMO out of Phil, Doyle, and Johnny, I thought Phil should have been the one to win 10 bracelets first. This guy plays his heart out (physically and emotionally) and seems to always be cursed. I have to agree with Phil, if it weren't for luck, you'd be da man!!

2 comments:

Poker Road Warrior said...

hahamuhaha!

Go down with the ship bra..the sinkin' Philly boy ship. I know you like him and many say its an act for TV but hes just a tool that is gonna get his azz kicked on TV at a final table soon. Did you see the Main Event Phil show? That tuff lookin dude that made the really bad KJo play that Phil easily picked off was close to sendin Phil to the hospital not the rail. I loved it when Surinder Sunar kept composure against Tony G (Paris WPT) but didnt you think he was gonna take his 3rd degree black belt (guy looks/is bad) and rip G's throat out? I'd take about 2 seconds of Phils/G's shit! really. Ya just lean over and whisper "i'm about 2 seconds from beatin you up in front of the world and more important yer family" How does that sound? make good tv too. I go to jail but would be worth it I think. You cannot treat competitve males like that and not get yer azz kicked eventually, IMO. He gets awaw with it but some1 gonna snap. Then yer hero will have dentures like my semi pro ass. You like a showman (sheed, phil) thats cool. Sheed bad enough and crazy enough to do whatever he wants (maybe not to Ben Wallice) but Phily just a 6-7 tool shed that is goin down. Do you notice the look Laynoooo gives Phil whenever he comes to his table for TV time? He looks at him like "go away lil boy" ans I feel sorry for Phil. I hate that. Why feel sorry for a 6-7 boy with huge white man boobs?

Keep writin! Love yer stuff and its gettin better everyday!

Uncle Shark! Raisin says when is Joe comin to stay. lil trollup.

The Average Joe said...

I saw that episode of Surindar vs. Tony G. I was so surprised that Sunar didn't snap. I don't know if he's a true gentleman (which I am sure he is) or if he was focused on steaming and playing good pokah. I have always heard that the French are a-holes.

Tony G on the other hand is an Aussie ass. Funny at times and out of line in many others. His strategy he brings to the table works well getting people on tilt. Would love to see you at a table with him and threaten him. That was people (and ratings) need is somebody that stands up.

Best US Sites