Friday, October 28, 2005

What a Long and Dreadful Week of School; Hellmuth appearance


From the title, you probably know that I am glad this week is over. 2 midterms and a paper. Why does every goddam thing have to be cluttered along with other classes?! Next week doesn't get any better either; gotta get crackin on my marketing project.

Thursdays use to be my favorite days but now that I am at school from 10AM to about the end of time, otherwise known as8:30PM. This day is a nightmare. No Friends, always miss Survivor, and no wrasslin to watch (thank goodness it isn't raw or most importantly TNA IMPACT!). After getting destroyed by a 25 essay/short answer exam on Tuesday, I think I made up for the one last night or so I hope...

Get back home and check mail and log onto my UltimateBuddy (Thanks Shark; this is golden) and low and behold, poker great and etiquette player Phil Hellmuth is online playing at a Lowball 2-7 $150-$300 table HU. I for one am a terrible play chippie player at this game so maybe I could learn a few tips and strategies from my favorite poker player. (NOTE: Damn ub for not letting the observers chat.) In about a half hour, Phil's $10K goes down to $14.50. Phil berates the guy on making donkey rAAAis (god I wish I had the transcript from that; if any1 knows how, please share the info with me). Phil's spelling and grammar is not at his best when steaming. For all those people that thought online poker is rigged, guess again. Phil can take a beating despite being the great ambassador that he is with ub.

Ok Phil moves to NL holdem table and puts in $2000. Lots of people that just come in a sit and say hi to Phil. Some people wish him luck and admitted they wouldn't want to play against the likes of him. I would be one of them too. One guy plays one hand and takes over $1000 in one hand and runs like hell. Surprisingly, no negative or yellow remarks from Phil.

IMO Phil Hellmuth is the best and most entertaining poker player there is. Probably the most disciplined player (i.e. making laydowns) until the poker gods punish him with a bad beat. "Did you see that honey. I was suppose to go broke that hand, but they forgot one thing: I can dodge bullets." Very true. Too bad he wasn't able to avoid the Ko-jack bad beat. Phil entertains me when he is doing good and bad. Blowups are one of a kind and his slap on the hand and then fist pumps followed by a "Yes!" are classic. I've seen enough of the blowups Phil; get a dubya again: Heads Up Championship re-peat...

No comments:

Best US Sites