Sunday, October 09, 2005

Inaugurial Post


Wooaahh!! A place where I get to share with you my poker experiences. Would love to receive from feedback from those that read this.

First off, I would like to thank Stevie (Sharky) H. for his hillarious blogs. To read his comical blogs, go to http://pokerroadwarrior.blogspot.com/. Steve has been a mentor and is a tremendous poker player himself. Playing his tournaments has made me a better poker player and more importantly, a good blog writer :-) But if my blogs are no good, take a bite at Shark :-)

Big day today, huge $30,000 Tourny and another one to have a chance at a WPT or WSOP Main Event seat.

TV Dinner for lunch: check. Ultra-pure Hawaii Watter: check-check. Good shit.

Bad shit now. Playing the $30K, maniac to my right keeps raising almost every hand. Sure, there is no problem with that. You gotta do this to be successfull. I know they call Gus Hansen "The Poker Tramp" (or at our pal Vince Van Patten does), but if you play online, ring games especially, they make Gus look like Dewey Tomko. (No disrespect to you guys. You guys are great players). So, maniac is cutoff (K2 of hearts) and raises. I am in BB with A5s). Flop is AK3 rainbow. I check and maniac makes the minimum bet of $150. I have $980 left and push all in. He calls immediately with middle pair and a backdoor flush draw. Great!! I'm gonna double up. SHIT!! Runner-runner heart and he knocks my ass out. I don't mind the don't calling. Basically he was willing to give me his chips. From the proverbs of a wise and brilliant poker-etiquette player Phil Hellmuth, "That is why I am the greatest player. Even the greatest players are willing to give me their chips... or at least they try." Can't count out, "If there weren't luck involved, I'd win every one of 'em." Man, I love this guy.

Ok, 1 tourny down and 1 to go. No more bad beats (or at least I won't post about it). Just happened as I was typing this up. Next time, 110% focus on game.

1 comment:

Poker Road Warrior said...

hahahmuha! Great first post. Make Gus look like Dewey. I almost spewed my ensure all over me laptop!

Shark! sharkpokertour.com

Turn off :everyone can comment" or the spammers will get ya bud. Make settings/comments/ reg. peops only.

Best US Sites