Sunday, October 09, 2005

Poker Superstars II: Group D: Match 1 and other comments


Long post: hope you don't fall asleep reading it.

Here is a pic from the 2005 WSOP of one of my favs Johnny Chan. Hopefully, one day that will be me during a WSOP/WPT event. Wads of money, bracelet, and of course, orange by my side.

Speaking of Johnny, anybody catch the Poker Superstars II on FSN? Johnny was there and he regulated. I must say, the 1st 20 minutes had to be the most boring poker ever, but hey, it was better than watching Hanging With Mr. Cooper star Mark Curry (dear Lord, he was the worst). For those who don't know what I mean by this, you are lucky. Curry was on the Celebrity vs. Pro edition of Poker Royale. Curry is up against David Williams. Williams goes all in and Curry holds top two and there are no draws out there that can beat him and figures I should fold. He even pulls a Scotty Ngyen and does a fake fold until everyone else convinces to call. Good grief!! This is stupidity at its finest. Could it get worse? You betcha. Next hand, he chases all the way to river bet after bet with Jack high. "He called with Jack high?!" Where's Elix Powers when you need him baby!!

Back to PSP II. Much respect to Sexton and Sklansky though but to win this type of tourny, you cannot always check or fold as my buddy Shark would say. Don't let my man Johnny run you over like he did. Get in there and splash around some time. They would of folded to a Marcel Luske (wish he was there too) splash of a chip.

Talk about a twist of fate (bad beat is not the right word technically). How about Huck Finn... I mean Huckleberry Seed moving in w/J-8 to my fellow Asian Johnny Chan's A-8. When the Jack hit the turn, Seed was disgusted with that like he was the one holding A-8. As the poker gods can be really cruel, the Ace hit on the river and Seed was happy!! That is about the happiest loser I've ever seen. Phil, take notes. I hope you were watching this! Then again, you are fine the way you are. :-)

Ok, 3 handed now. Blinds are gi-normus and Sklansky is first to act and short-stacked. He has AQ off and raises all-in. Sexton up next with AK off and he "calls." Alright, some action. The Orient Express dressed for success (gotta love Johnny's attire) gets dealt two filthy whores otherwise known as Queens. Hey what am I suppose to call them when Chan gets Queens. This is obviously his favorite hand as he cracked an A-A with a three-some of "whores" (lucky in poker and real life if the opportunity comes :-D) and was the last hand he held in capturing WSOP braclet numba 10!!

Back to hand. Chan's 3-some holds up. This hand clinched his victory. We even get a little Chan celebration after the hand. Priceless!!

Alright, I had some quotes of Hellmuth in my Inaugurial Post. I will continue that trend in my post. The quote today has to be from who else but Johnny Chan: "Cats have nine lives. Poker players need about 20."

Hope you enjoyed. I am pooped.

No comments:

Best US Sites