Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Televised WSOP Main Event: Day 1 and 2



Some great action displayed. Just wish ESPN would update their graphics as the WPT. I still enjoy watching the WPT better than the WSOP but one this is for sure with ESPN. You get your does of Phil Hellmuth!! :-D

Great action with some wicked beats. I feel very bad for Jennifer Harmen. To have a boat and then get rivered by an idiot drawing thinner than a dental floss thong bikini was beyond incredible. Pocket "whores" are usually pretty evil to me too. Why can't I have my mellow Asian's luck with the "bitches" like Johnny Chan? (see previous post) What is your secret Johnny? Should I start to bring an orange when I play now? :-)

Second sick hand most definitely had to be Sam Farha and the celeb who I am drawing a blank with his name now (Orlando something?) Hey did anyone notice that Farha didn't have the cigerrette in his mouth? Almost didn't recognize him. Anywho, Farha gets dealt A10 and Orlando gets 10-10. So same is close to a 3-1 underdog. Great Ceaser's Ghost, the flop come A-A-10. Very sure that Sam was gonna bust him on the very first hand and that was the case. Dear God!! I don't think I could of laid that one down and if I somehow made it to a big event and that happened to me on the first hand, I think I would of pulled a Hellmuth and beyond!!

Funniest moment of the show had to belong to Randy Jensen aka "Dream Crusher" (quote VVP). They guy had a jinx of going out on the first day of the WSOP for the past few years so what does he do... His head is shaved like a Budist (nice look) and reads a book and plays No Limit Fold'em Pokah. But what were to occur... You guessed it. He busts out playing only "one hand" (They didn't even show the hand on ESPN; just said he lost and showed him getting up leave. ESPN needs to show this IMO. It could of made for great humor thats for damn sure.

Speaking of Hellmuth, that is where the main action is. What the hell was ESPN doing not putting him at the feature table?! Hellmuth does his usually coming an hour or to late. Very classic. Arrives in style though. Arrives from huge stretch limo with UB gear and new Poker Brat shirt. YESS!!! I need to get me one of them!! Phil arrives in 1st class style and gives the camera a slick figure point. Back at ya Phil. Being the gentleman that he is, he comes to his table and shakes everyone's hand; even one person twice. One day, I hope to be shaking the great one's hands.

I am not a fan of Norman Chad but his flushy awards were great and dead on IMO. Norman, it might help if you shaved that mustache of yours or stopped called Marco Traniello (Jennifer Harmen's husband) "good looking" /"best looking guy in the room." Just a suggestion. Glad to see Perry Friedman win a Flushy. That guy was great. Was hopping that he'd win a bracelet but got the "cooler" as Hellmuth would say when three handed getting QQ (got that hand is truely a bitch unless your the man Johnny Chan) running uphill to Siedel's AA. And now the BIG Flushy. "Best Phil." Ivey and Laak make good Phil's too but you cannot overcome my man Hellmuth. Your antics are classic and priceless but what I really like about you is your ability to make tremendous reads and monster lay downs. No bracelets you deserve it more than anyone else, but I hope you can settle for the Norman Chad's Flushy and my kind remarks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy gambling online and watching the WSOP.

Best US Sites