Thursday, October 19, 2006

BPT Event # 3 This Sunday

A reminder that poker.com's thrid event in the BPT will be this Saturday. Your's truely is currently in 7th place going into this event and I'm hoping to maintain a good points performance or better yet, not break anymore mouses after getting beat by runner-runner cards (Event 1: My sixes flopped a set to my opponents top pair and I got runner-runner flushed out; Event 2: I flop top pair of Kings and Natsdad hits runner-runner straight on me.)

Speaking of bad beats, I took this nasty one yesterday curtousey of poker.com yesterday that I think I'll write about now because I am here and brought up the subject. I know you don't want to hear about more bad beats, but this one just symbolizes the luck I've been going through for the longest time. The action was very loose. I am at a $1-2 NL table. After seeing a flop of A-8-4 with two clubs and me holding (Ac, Qc), I check, a five dollar bet insues followed by a raise to $20. Now, previous hands, I've seen players stick it all in with middle pair and people calling with top pair no kicker so now I have hit top pair, good kicker, and the nut flush draw. I stick the rest of my money of about $120 in the pot. I get the initial better to fold and get a call from the raiser. He flips over A-8 for 2 pair which is sick (but it gets sicker). Why couldn't you have had Jack-5 when you loosie-goosies called off earlier when a Jack came. I figure he had maybe an A-10, A-J, A-6s but I was obviously wrong. Holy enchalada Batman, the turn is a non-pairing club giving me the nut-flush. Had my luck turned around... I'am about to rake in a $250 pot?!... whoops, the non-great 8 unholily (is that a word?) spiked on the river giving my opponent the deadman's full boat and making me a deadman.

Dammit, its time to rebound. Maybe I should bye me a Buddah and rubs its belly for luck...

No comments:

Best US Sites