Friday, January 13, 2006

The worst place to finish in a poker tourny...

It is never good to finish last in anything especially a poker tournament. Imagine buy-in to a $1,000 event or even higher and only to exit first within the 1st 15 mins or so. Well, I really never had a problem with finishing last and in fact, is not the worst place to finish in poker. What is the worst place to finish you ask? Well, it seems like whatever tournament I have been playing lately is the worst place to finish.

Three tournys of being exactly the bubble boy (going out one spot from being paid) and a tourny I just got done with finishing 5th where only the 3 places get paid. A $2,000 tourny with 1st getting a cool $1G and $600 and $400 for 2nd and 3rd respectively with only 19 entrants. Managed my own and did well through most of the tourny. 1 nemesis to my left who sucked out on me 2 hands that prob hurt my chances of winning. Early in the tourny, KQ lost to his K9 and my KK lost to his AK. I still sling my chips around like ol' Sharky recommends and manage to make the final table. At once, I got up to 2nd place with 6 people to go. Every1 is pretty much even except for the chip leader who has a nice distance from the rest. Five are left now. Tourny has lasted a while and the blinds are huge. I get dealt K10s in 2nd pos and raise. Blinds are 400-800 and I raised it up to 1800 It's folded to the BB who puts it all in which is only about 1100 for me to call. I gotta call hoping he has 2 unders. He has A9s. I hit a 4 flush on the turn but the river is a brick and now I am down to a lil over 1300 in chips. I got out 2 hands later w/Q10s to an AA. Advice from any1? Should I have waited, folded, or done anything else?
The poker gods must have turned on me and hate me b/c right now, I am colder than a Haggen Dazs ice cream bar.

Guys, don't forget to watch Smackdown tonight. There is a new champion in the making. Read post below if you want to be spoiled before you see it.

No comments:

Best US Sites