Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What the buck... What the muck... What the f.... but not in that order.

What the f....?!

So the grand daddy of sports is set for Detroit for Super Bowl Xtra Large (XL). My predictions so far have been 6-4 record with a few upset picks in my belt. I've held back posting but have to give the Seahawks credit for playing the game of the year against a wounded Panther team. But seriously, if the Panthers had a healthy Julius Peppers, and had Stephen Davis or DeShaun Foster instead of their emergency RB, things would have been alot different.

The Seahawks are 3 point underdog and you know what, I unfortunately have to admit it but I think the Hawks are gonna make history and beat the Steelers. As much as I abhor Paul Allen, you have Matt Hasselbeck playing like a Hall of Famer. With being in the shadows of the great Brett Favre and coached my Mike Holmgren, this guy looks like to be a future Brett Favre if not already. Don't forget MVP Shaun Alexander to go along with that and furious defense that led the league in sacks.


What the buck?

Match up looks great with two potent defenses which I'd rank pretty much equal but I think Seattle's offense is a little better. Hopefully, Jerome Bettis' return home to Detroit will inspire him to run like there is no tomorrow for him (literally) and pull out the "dubya" but if I had to bet money, I'd regrettably put it on the Seahawks.



What the muck?

Played a tourny last Sunday and when out in a blaze of dissappointment. 118 players started; less than 40 remained and top 20 paid. Blinds getting huge. Get dealt snowman (8s) UTG and raise 3 time bb to 450. 5 callers. Good god!! Don't they respect a raise UTG. Flop is 8-5-4 with 2 clubs giving me top set. 2 blinds check to me and I bet half the pot which leaves me with just over half my chips left. The button raises enough to put me all in and I have putting him on AK of clubs... He flips QQ. Even better. Turn is a duece and river is a Queen!! GG NH Nice catch. Would have been a dominate force if my lucky 8s held after the flop Bad luck continues for me. Reno in 2 months; hopefully this funk I'm in will end soon.

1 comment:

Poker Road Warrior said...

brutal game bro. you nail yer hand, play it great and hold yer breath as the last 2 flip.

Remind me right before ya head to reno, i'm going to come down and try to satellite in and play with you. If I don't make it in i'll root (bring ya coldies) and play sit n gos. Those are double juicy during WPT stops. Maybe you wanna share a room? Do you have a laptop?

Shark

Best US Sites