Sunday, January 15, 2006

NFL Playoff Madness!!

Ok didn't get to write about last weeks games so I won't go to in depth into that. I will say that I did go 3-1 in my pics as the Panthers, Steelers, Patriots didn't let me down. How the hell did the Skins beat the Bucs?! Personally, I thought the Bucs would have had a better chance to beat the Seahawks than the Skins. The Skins had all the chances to beat the Hawks with 3 tournys but failed to capitalize... The site of thinking the Hawks will make and win the SuperBowl just disgusts me so I will stop my bickering on this subject.

I picked the Patriots to beat the Broncos, unfortunately did not happen. Again, another game where the Pats had momentum to win the game. On the play where Tom Brady threw the interception to Champ Bailey, I thought 2 things as I saw the play. 1st off, he was rushing and audibling the play to the very last second and I was yelling for the Pats to call time out. No go. Secondly, the play before, Champ Bailey was on his game and out of all people, I would want to throw the ball away from that guy (and John Lynch). No go. Bad play call and bad play for not calling time out. Ended up costing the Pats the game although that fumble at the one yard line should have been a touchback...



Game of the week is the Steelers upsetting the Colts though it really isn't an upset if you factor in the Colts choke in the playoffs the past few years. Sort of makes me thinking again why I picked them to win. The Colts had all the chances in the four quarter to win/tie the game. The bad call of the incomplete/interception to the fumble on the 2 yard line and then the missed field goal, they must be the ex-Chicago White Sox of baseball. Congrats to Bill Cowher though. He has gotta be my fav coach in the NFL. Not only is he a superb coach, his facial expressions are priceless. Never smiling; almost looking like somebody shot his dog. Then when the Steelers sack Peyton Manning on 4th down with about a lil over 2 minutes left, the camera cuts to Cowher and he is jumping up and down and smiling like they won the game. Rare and priceless site. Then the next play was the fumble and there is a rather shocked look and Cowher's face rather than anger which surprised me. Ok, after some bad play calls by the Colts from "2nd and 3rd down and 2" where they could have easily thrown a short pass or run to get a new set of downs and call timeout, they don't and settle for a long field goal from normally Mr. Automatic Mike Vanderjadt. Oh, what will happen? Cowher jinx because he celebrated early or the Colts jinx? Kick is up and... not even close!! Cowher rejoices.

The way the Steelers shut down a great offense, I think they will match up well if they had to play the Colts. Hopefully, the Panthers can take them out before that. One more game to go. It's gonna be hard to top this Steelers/Colts game.

No comments:

Best US Sites