Sunday, December 25, 2005

WSOP TOC, Impact, and last but not least, Merry X-Mas

Almost forgot that the WSOP TOC was gonna be broadcasted today. Being that I already read the results for this event, I had to see it with the final three including Mike "The Mouth", "Cowboy" Hoyt Corkins, and Phil Hellmuth. Man I can't believe the bad luck Phil has against Hoyt. I remember at Foxwoods where Phil had J9 vs Hoyt had J7 where Phil caught top pair of 9s on the flop and Corkins hit running 7s to win the hand.

Back to today. Many of the hands Phil played vs Hoyt, Phil was the dog. Phil was getting his usually punishment by Hoyt. When Phil gets an A-Q and pushes, the cowboy happens to get the weapons of mass destruction A-A, which made Phil go from chip leader to the morphine drip and never did recover. How about Hoyt saying something of the likes, "I can't beat you but I have to call you on one particular hand." I don't mind the call in which he won, but don't say this crap before and then call. I bet Phil was thinking the same thing in how can you call if you say you can't beat it? Pot odds? I don't remember the exact bet size and pot so...

How about that CLB (creepy little bastard) Steven "Dannon-sprinkle-yogurt-mann" getting into Phil's business. Never thought I'd see that. Of course, Dannonmann is a nice guy in all, but he is just creepy looking to me. Now, with the attitude, I liked. I didn't think it was a big deal though. Lots of pros take their time in making their decisions. The best example that comes to my mind is Chris Ferguson. And, nobody else had a problem with Hellmuth's sloopy chip stacking so for once, I think you can't fault Phil.

Impact marked the return of "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels. Daniels wasn't at his best obviously coming off a "grade 3" concushion according to the announcers which is true. I love The Angel's Wing's finisher. It's a better version of HHH's Pedigree only harder to execute. Daniels being a smaller wrestler than HHH has to actually lift the opponent up in the air and slam the opponent in a safe position nearly face 1st. Always looks like it hurts and probably does to a degree where the Pedigree, HHH is a bigger person and the opponent jumps rather than lifting.

For the 2nd week in a row, TNA has mocked the appearance of Sting. I like this in that it creates suspense like the WWE does, and draws ratings. Or so b/c Sting was my favorite wrestler growing up. Ah, the colorful-painted-face screen high fiving the fans back in the day, delievering Stinger Splashes and The Scorpion Death Lock (Sharpshooter). It's been like 5 or 6 years since I've seen him wrestle and to see him again would be phenomenal. New Year's special, don't disappoint me in which I know it will not but please give me a Sting sighting dammit!!

No comments:

Best US Sites