Monday, December 05, 2005

Impact thoughts

The rain is pooring. The weather is not quite freezing. It must mean one thing. Yup, it's Monday mourning. But as I write this, it's the afternoon.

Final week of this term. Can't wait til this term is over. Has been pretty brutal.

Weekend was highlighted by a great episode of Impact! High-flying, X-Division, fatal-four-way match featuring Austin Aries, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, and my fav Petey Williams. Seriously, this is an opening match?! Definitely main event material. Innovative wrestling at its best.

Match started of with the good guys (Sabin and Ares) hitting perfectly done suicide dives through the middle ropes. The move of the match had to be Chris Sabin's stalling suplex into a sick neck breaker/DDT. Was wicked and they should have replayed that move. I was so damn shocked (being the 1st time I've seen that move) that I had to put it in front of the Canadian Destroyer. Sabin goes on to win with a devastating Cradle Shock on Petey Dubya.

The Abyss/Sabu segment was tight. Should be interesting how their barb-wire PPV match plays out. Abyss nailed Sabu in the head with the barbie chair and busts "The Genicidal, Homicidal, Suicidal" Sabu open. Sick!! Then Abyss finds some steel/aluminum (hard to tell) guard rails from the back, lays them down, and chokeslams Sabu on them!! Holy shit!!

The only negative segment/critique I have about the show was Jeff Jarrett's long interview. He's so lucky he has backstage power. I couldn't agree more with the fans that chanted, "We want wrestling!" Thank goodness for Christian Cage's appearance as he really ribbed on "The Queen of the Mtn" Jarrett and got the fans jacked.

If anybody in town is gonna order the PPV for this Sunday's Turning Point, give me a reply/call something. I'll even bring food and pay for half of the PPV. REMINDER: Impact is on Thursday this week at 10pm EST. After my finals, this will be a great start to my winter break!!

No comments:

Best US Sites