Saturday, December 31, 2005

Bubble Boy; not a very Happy Holidays for me so far...

Wholy shit!! Title of blog says it all. I heard "The Professor" Howard Lederer call himself the "Bubble Boy" at this year's WSOP but I think I have to take that nickname unfortunately. Played in two tournaments, $6,000 tournament and $4,000 tournament and finished both one spot from pay. The first one happened on Christmas. Did good all tournament til the start of the 3rd hour of the tournament. Had to make laydowns after being raised all-in a few times. Was getting clobbered around like The Thing clobbering Dr. Doom (just saw The Fantastic 4; good movie and I must say Jessica Alba is one fine vixen). I still had enough chips to fold around and guarantee myself $50 since 2 of the players at my table could blind out within the next 5 hands or so. I get dealt AK on the button and is folded around to me. If I want to have a shot at winning this tournament or move up in money, I have to play this hand/blind steal. I raise all-in and am called by a AJ. I am in dominating position and low and behold the 3-outer Jack(ass) flops and I get a Merry X-mas of $0 for 3 plus hours. Shit! SHIT!! FUCK!!!

Well, if I could have topped that, I entered a $4,000 tournament yesterday with 22 peeps and only top 3 pay (1st: $2,000; 2nd: $1,200, 3rd: $800). Get punished early but made up for it. 2 hands I got Q9 suited and made straights that doubled me up 2 times. Made the final table and was short stacked. I tripled up with my 9-9 and have a shot of cashin. I even made a great laydown at one point. Player UTG raised 4 times the blind. I am 3 seats ahead and get dealt AJo and decide to fold. It's folded around by all like dominoes and the player shows A-A. Wow. I feel the momentum turning. Whoops... spoke to soon. I end up being chip leader with 5 people left but the blinds are gi-normous. Shorts stacks kept raising all-in and kept doubling up. Before long, I played 9-9 and it didn't hold up, and crippled me. to 4th. Last hand, I'm on the button with K-9o and bet it all which was about 3,800 with blinds being 500-1,000. BB who is the chip leader calls with A-10 and I am about to be bubble boy. Flop is 3 jacks; I need a miracle. Turn is a 9!! Good grief the short stack is gonna survivor another han... River Ace. Fuck! FUCK!! FUCK!!! Not like that. Would of been fine if that nine didn't hit.

Alright question to those poker junkies out there. How would you have played it? I could have easily made the money in both tourny's but decided to take a chance in order to win it all/more money and ended up with $0. I read something from Lou Krieger one time. He talked about tourny startegy and said in late tournys, you have to take risk in order to win more. Sometimes you will go out on the bubble and sometimes u'll make it big. I like that philosophy but the pokah gods don't seem to like me this X-mas...

Happy days are a coming... well at least not pokah wise at this moment. Today marks 2 NEW episodes of TNA Impact with one involving my favorite as a child, Sting. TNA has done a tremendous job in their storylines lately and mocked and milked the Sting appearance thus getting the attention of everybody, which I think is working quite well. I have a good Spider-sense that I'll see him hit Jeff Jarrett with his baseball bat or Scorpion Death Drop. God, it's been too long since I've seen the mysterious one. Batter up!!

No comments:

Best US Sites