Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rock-Solid Luck

First off, I just completed my finals!! Wahoo!! Just got out of the dreaded Art History class for the last time. My grades don't appear to be A, B, or even C worthy unless the "A" stands for "Atrocious," "B" for "Butt-ugly" or "C" for "Catastrophic"!

Well after yesterday's unbelievable episode of the WPT, I had to give my thoughts about it. First off, my heart goes out do David Singer. Monster chip leader from the get go and after that runner-runner draw out he suffered to rudy-poo named Ricardo?! There was no climbing back either as he was surprisingly the first to get sent to the rail.

Onto heads up, between the 2 satellite qualifiers of Ricardo Festejo and amateur (that's saying it lightly)Al Ardebili. Ardebili had to be the tightest mo'fo I'd ever seen. Throughout the touny broadcast, he was folding machine. He did so well in doing that that he should apply for a job at Nordstrom and be the guy that folds the clothing! The broadcast (or Al) didn't bluff or outplay his opponent in any hands. The 3 hands that he "played" were 2 times where he got Q-Q and doubled/ko'ed somebody and the 3-3 (short-stacked) and miraculously hit quads. Now HU, Ricardo is dealt A-2 off and pops it. Mister Turtle Rock, has the 2-3 of diamonds and comes out of his shell and calls the raise!! Somebody call the paramedics! However, I like the check raise Ardebili made trying to steal the pot away from Ricardo. If I were Ricardo, there is no way I call that hand despite being a 87% but the thing is, he doesn't know that and here, I think you have to play the opponent. The guy has been rock, solid and beyond and even if you think he has a flush draw, you're not that big of a fav and there is a better spot to get your money in. Well, Ricardo obviously calls after taking a long time and my jaw tried to hit the floor!! That is definitely the most unbelievable call I've seen in a long time if ever!! The 3 outer hits on the turn and Ricardo is now thinking "Oh-no-no!!"

Spring break technically starts right now for me. I hope all ya'all have a wonderful and safe break!!

1 comment:

Poker Road Warrior said...

Shark Vet, Joe Wong (eat, sleep blog)

Starts Today in the Main Event, Reno, NV.

Follow our Shark Member Joe Wong (thestudent) here:

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/tournament.php?tid=190

Good skill Stud!

Best US Sites