Friday, March 17, 2006

Random Thoughts

Taking down the Sharks... That is the Steve's OnlineShark Member

Woah!! Me, TheStudent, has been MIA with Sharky's tournys lately with a shitty thing called school I have to attend to. Lil' of me had been in the biggest funky funk since Marky-Mark and the Funky-Fresh came out with "Good Vibration" (was that Mark Walberg's group's name?)

So after 2 grueling, diabolical weeks of school torture of presentations and papers, I had some time to acutally focus on a tourny. Black, Shark shirt attire on and game face ready! Sometimes, I'd play ring games of 30 to 45 minutes. Not very effective as its hard to get your grove on and recover from bad beats or getting "out-set." So anywho, I enter Steve's ("Sharky") $5 buy in at "pokahdotcom." Surprisingly, only 21 die hard Sharky's enter. I guess every1 else is out on good ol' St. Patty's day. Probably ol' Sharky too takin out Ms. Shark (also named Patti) as I didn't see him there. Got into deep shit early bluffing my chips away. Down to about 500 w/1st 20 mins or so. Got no cards early and con't to get bad cards but "stole" some pots. One hand that got me going where I played a 3-7 from SB and flop came 7-9-A. 3 handed, I lead and bet and get called by Shark veteran CharterBoss. Turn is 7 and check it to Boss who bets. I believe hes still got the flushy draw and put him all in. My hand holds up.

Final table, I have gain chip lead with blinds still fairly low. I get the AK of hearts on the cut off and raise 3.5 the blinds. I get called by another Shark vet Lazrus. He's got just a lil under than me. Flop is 6-5-6. He pushes all in and I fold like a lil school girl. Laz says he had A2. Tilty bird coming for me.. or not. Still in 2nd in chips w/6 to go.

Heads up w/Scotty baby! Scotty was complaining of me stealing to much. Well... no comment. Heads up, Scotty played tremendously changing gears and taking it to me. I fought back with some "moves" and ended up taking it down like a drunk girl on a coach (yea I wish... nevermind, I'd never do such a thing. Seriously).



TNA (no, not "T & A") Thoughts

Last Sunday marked the return of Sting to TNA returning as Steve Borden (real name) and (My goodness) "Big Pappa Pump" Scott Steiner sporting a new tatoo on his chest. Good god; Steiner's left arm itself weighs more than me total!! The suplex machine annihilated my man but it looks like we will see the Stinger once again!!

Congrats to "The Fallen Angel" for winnin the "X Title" vs. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. With my poker winnings, I should go and get these PPVs on DVD. Seriously, this is "real," innovative, and well-choregraphed wrestling. If you never thought a big 300 pd Samoan could run and suicide dive thru the middle rope to attack the oppenent, you've gotta see this!! Right now, I am trying to get their name out there so they can survive and compete with the WWE. Click on the link on the right for the website. Check out wrestlers like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, and Petey Williams. They never disappoint like that you see of HHH in the WWE. TNA airs on a terrible timespot of 11PM on Saturday nights but if you're at home and a die hard wrestling fan (like yours truely), you've gotta watch this. Sometimes, watching 1 minute of their "X-Division" matches is better than watching a whole main event with HHH in it.



My spiel and rant for tonight/today... Might be the last one in awhile so I hope you all enjoyed. 8 days (9 til tourny) till I fly down to Reno to take care of bid-ness. I hope this recent tourny dubya can get me rollin' rollin' rollin' like Limp Bizkit.

1 comment:

imjusthere4thebeer said...

I admit I've only watched a few TNA matches, and while I believe they put out a decent product, I'm not sure I can quite give them the "above the game" ranking. HHH "tells a great story" in the ring. Personally, I prefer the story telling to the high flying action. I will, however, due to your endorsement --- watch more TNA.

Lookin forward to hearing about your WPT event!

Mike

Best US Sites