Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WSOP Main Event Final Table and Kurt Angle Thoughts!

WSOP Main Event Final Table

Well, I wasn't impressed with this year's WSOP Main Event coverage (I guess the duo of Lon and Norm doesn't help. Why does Lon always get so excited when somebody hits bottom pair...), seeing the luckbox Jamie Gold and his antics wasn't a pleasant thing for me. You might be surprised that I say this as I am a liker of Mike Matasow and a BIG fan of Phil Hellmuth. Mike has been brutal before (i.e. 2 years ago saying Raymer had little Chiquitas), but I don't recall him being a complete jackass in the middle of a hand nor telling his hands to his opponents. And of course, you have Phil Hellmuth who is quite as can be after making a bet and is a sore loser (which is ok and big reason why I like him. Who's antics are better than Phils?!). Boy when Jamie Gold took that one beat of AK losing to K10, he really exploded. But when you keep getting Q-Q going up against J-J after that beat, all is golden I guess...

Speaking of Phil Hellmuth, I bet you the hand Allen Cunningham busted out on (after making some impecable reads on Gold folding top pair a few times when it was no good and calling down with an Ace high for the winner!! Not easy against a monster chip leader that kept on getting lucky) when he saw Gold flip over the KJ, he said that I think I'm gonna puke... which translates to Phil's remark, "That maniac put all his money in with K-J?!" (vomit bucket ready)

Kurt Angle going to TNA... Yeah baby

Just when you thought Kurt Angle was done with wrestling, Angle will be moving to the big boys of wrestling TNA, which will also be moving to prime time in November. Angle left the WWE "for personal reasons" it stated (trying to get back with wife, bad neck, etc) but all appears to be well now. He made a shocking video appearance at the TNA No Surrender PPV on Sunday. I for one am very happy as a clam to see not only Angle back, but in the best wrestling business today. I haven't read the spoilers for Impact yet, but I sure damn hope to be surprised and see his debut the Total Nonstop Action Wrestling!!

No comments:

Best US Sites