Friday, September 29, 2006

What Comes Around, Goes Around

Now I know many people love Absolute Poker because of the many bonuses they offer and the weak fishies that play there... However, I could care less for the absolutely BS poker company. You are probably wondering, "Why am I saying this if the facts above are true?" Well, its not the crappy-ass software they have had for awhile but their support to me. Let me explain:

First off, I was looking for RB (rake back) as that is the thing to go for nowadays. This occurred in November of 2005. I brought my query to AP support memeber Lindsay. I told her that I had an account BUT never made an initial deposit and that my account had been idle over a year and was wondering if I could receive the RB from them. She okayed my question so I talked with an RB site and they confirmed everything. I made the deposit and started playing. A week into play, I still noticed that I haven't received any RB from AP so I email both parties back. Lindsay reassures me that I will be getting RB and to keep on playing. I do and more days pass and I still haven't received anything. I email my both parties again and now Lindsay isn't responding and would never respond again.

I am frustrated and cease play from the untrustworthy site. I email another member of AP support and they now say that they won't let me receive RB after a guarantee from one of their staff. I respond to them by saying that I even saved the mails from Lindsay but I didn't get a response back... I never contributed another cent of rake to this (AP = Absolutely Poor) poker site...

There are two things I can't stand from a poker site: (1) Support that doesn't help or respond (a Party Poker special may I add) and (2) People that lie. Absolute has done them both and therefore is on my ban list!

Now on to the goods news I just read from an article about the "karma" for AP involving them ponying up money for the players of their skin of Goal Poker. However, its sort of a good-bad deal as this gesture makes them come off like heros when I know that they are the scum of the poker world. Here's the article written by Dan Druff of NPW (not sure what that stands for):

Some of you (fortunately not many of you) may have an account on Goal Poker, which is an Absolute Poker skin based out of Europe. If you have any money there, it is time to stop playing and cash out now.

I cannot give details at this time, but I will shortly. Goal Poker is in grave danger of going under, and your money will likely go with it.

Here's one detail I'll let you guys in on:

During the WSOP, Goal generously gave a few seats away to the main event through freerolls. One problem: They never actually bought the seats, and the players were left high and dry! The panicky players complained to Absolute, who fortunately did the right thing and put these people in at their own expense. Absolute should have terminated their relationship with Goal at this point, but for some reason, they didn't.

As bad as things looked then, it has gotten worse. Again, I can't go into details at this time, but you would be wise to cash out every single dollar immediately. Fortunately, Goal is still processing cashouts at this time, but that could change any day.

Finally, take this situation as a reminder that you are not wise to leave large sums of money on poker sites. The smallest sites and skins are the most dangerous, as they could literally go under at any moment. The smaller sites also often have a dishonesty factor to them, where they are not reputable and will find flimsy excuses to freeze your account and funds. Your money isn't even completely safe on a larger site. While rooms like Stars and Party are rock-solid financially and are unlikely to steal your money, you are still susceptible to hackers and keyloggers, who could dump your chips and leave you with no recourse. It's best to consistently cash out and only leave the minimum of what you need to play


Although this is a small kink in AP's armor, I am glad some karma came around and bit them in the ass. More to come perhaps (and hopefully)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not nor will ever be a fan of AP either. I've had one instance where I've needed their customer support, and it was shit at best.

I think they're too busy processing little kid's lunch money for deposits than to deal with real issues.

Good call on the "abandon ship" drill with Goal Poker and thanks for the heads up on that...

Mike

The Average Joe said...

Thanks for dropping by Mike.

With all the poker controversy and all, I wouldn't mind AP banning US Players (before they start screwing others out of their money)... Oh wait, I think I banned them first!!

Joey

Best US Sites