Tuesday, September 26, 2006

BPT Event # 1 and Feast of Love Take 2... Lights, Camera, Backround!

BPT

Well, I was probably at least 30 mins late for the inaugurial event of season 2 of the BPT. I guess you could say I pulled a Beerman, who has been known to be late for a few of these, but his reasons are legit at least. Just kiddin Mike and promoting your site ;-) Your coverage is great and if your great poker skills somehow short you to win this nice Aussie Millions package, Mike will be blogging his way there.

I lost about half my chips but manage to steal blinds. The fatal blow came when I got dealt Route 66 in the BB. The button and SB call my BB of 300 and I push my just less than stack of 1500 in. Button folds (he said he really wanted to call so I was surprised he didn't) and SB makes a questionable call with KQ off. Flop comes 6-K-3 giving me a set but my opponent isn't completely dead pairing and having the Q of spades for the flush draw. He gets there on the river and I'm out in 22nd.

Feast of Love

I didn't have to get up at 4:00 this time as I got a later call time. Got to about NW 4th and Glisan at about 7:15, 15 mins early and they had a shuttle ready to take all the extras. Amazingly, the parking structure they told us to go to was almost empty so I was skeptic if I was in the right spot but the gentleman working there said so.

It was pretty much a similar shoot to that that occurred at Reed College. Students going wild after a football game while the actors try to drive through trying to get their friend to the hospital. I didn't get the thrill of almost getting hit by a car again, but got up close to the actors car (an old crappy Volvo) acting fanatic! Once again, Greg Kinnear (and his double stunt driver who looks like Greg's bro) is an animal behind the wheel as he made other peoples dreams/adrenaline go up by almost hitting them with the Volvo!

On a sidenote, Morgan Freeman was once again MIA (missing in action) although I heard that all his scenes were done shooting before yesterday. Too bad...

No comments:

Best US Sites