Saturday, July 01, 2006

Three strikes at WSOP seats at Poker.com and I am out and 1 at Titan.

Well 2 hours down the drain playin for a WSOP Main Even seat at Titan. Out of about 200 peeps, yours truely finishes in 11th for no seat, no pay, and another groggy feeling in my gut. The final hand of the tourny, I get dealt AKo in the BB. I have about 7500 total with blinds being 750-1500. It is 6 seated. UTG raises to 3000. Folded to button who puts his 900 all in. I push and get called by the initial raiser who flips over 10s. No help on flop but an Ace hits on the turn only for the river to hit the miracle 10 and I'm sent to the e-rail.

BPT at poker.com coming off 2 "suspended" tournaments that had WSOP seats online. And when the third time came around, I (and 29 others) weren't there to playing leaving a private tourny for 11 players to win a seat to the big dance at the WSOP Main Event!! Good deal huh?! Luckily though, I didn't leave empty handed as the poker.com support and my favorite rep out of all the sites Kris came to the rescue and compensated my account wish some good cash. Thank you again Kris. With great support like Kris, (unlike the crap I got with Absolute), I will continue to support poker.com despite missing 2 golden opportunities at a WSOP seat.

Now, here comes strike three in the BPT. I am out early and probably played it too aggressively.I have J8 of diamonds and see a cheap flop of AK8 with 2 (AK)diamonds. The BB bets out 200 and I raise it to 700. He calls and I put him on a King for 2 weaker diamonds. Turn is a 4 and he checks and I bet a 1000. He calls and I am now convinced that he has a flush draw. I say this b/c BPT players are pretty good solid players that normally don't chase gutshots at this price. Turn is a Jack giving me 2 pair. He checks and I put my 2500 or so into a 3200 pot and he calls and flips over the A4 for a higher 2 pair.

This week has been a nightmare for me and am glad is almost over. Guys, Steve "Sharky" Hathaway and "beerman" Mike still runnin in the tourny (sn: steamrayz and imjusther4thebeer). Been playin 2 tournys all day and now its time for my break. Drop bye and say hi and gl to those LAGs!!

No comments:

Best US Sites