Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Upsets

Upset 1

Well another brutal week at the e-felt. Numerous times that my top pair lost to 3 outin' 2 pairs (i.e. this last one was a doozy where my K-Qs that I raised PF on the cutoff seat 6 handed got beat by some1 UTG who just posted his bet and called my raise w/Q-2o in which he hit a Queen and a duece on the flop).

Upset 2

Played in the College Poker Championship finals and finished an unspectacular 34th out of 102. 1st place paid $50,000 in scholarships where $10K was donated to a charity of your choice so $40,000 was 1st which is no chump change. Card dead throughout tourny and brutally placed at tables where there were monster stacks with a few times with 3 of the top 5 chip leaders. Bust out hand where I am 2nd to act at a 10 seated table with AKo. Blinds are 150-300 and I have 2,930 left. I pop to 1,000 and am re-raised all in. I call it and he flips over AKs of spades. Flop brings 1 spade, turn brings another, and so does the damn river and I'm sent to the e-rail.

Upset 3

Thank goodness it wasn't the Pistons as they struggled early but turned on the jets in the 4th quarter and defeated a very good and up-and-coming Cavs team. Ballah of the game had to be Tayshaun Prince. This guy is so underrated and so damn smooth on the court, I don't see how he was overlooked as an all-star. Remember his block shot on Reggie Miller 2 years ago...? If Prince doesn't do that, Pistons don't beat the Pacers and don't win the championship that year. Strong slasher, superb defense with his branch like arms. I remember when (the overrated) coach Larry Brown let this guy warm the bench as he did with Darko. Only because of injuries did Brown let Prince play and boy did he make the best out of it. No rest as my Pistons take on the Heat tonight. It's burning up in here!!

Whoops back to the upset part. So my pick of the Clips clipping the Suns didn't happen but damn, how about the resilence of the Mavs? To go into a game 7 on the road after blowing game 6 and to have a 20 pt lead evaporate and still somehow manage a way to victory is mind-boggling to me. Dirk Nowistski is definitely the da man. Should be interesting to see if MVP Steve Nash can lead his team vs. his old team and IMO playoff MVP so far, Mr. Dirk himself.

My spiel is over... Go Pistons!!

2 comments:

moneymate said...

Played in the College Poker Championship finals and finished an unspectacular 34th out of 102

how many get paid? Top 9?

curious,
MM

The Average Joe said...

Top 10 paid; $50K for 1st and I believe 10th was $1000. Try clicking on the College Poker Championship on the left of the previous page. More info is there.

Regards,

Joey

Best US Sites