Saturday, May 20, 2006

May Mayhem

Another atrocious weeks of poker so I'll spare you my bad beat stories and what not. This month has definitely caused some mayhem and has severely made my ass turn black and blue from the lashing I've received.



Speaking of mayhem, how about the "May Mayhem" of the NBA playoffs. I know the craze of College "March Madness" is insane but holy shit, this year's NBA Playoffs have been one of the best I can recall. So many great matches and close games every night that you shouldn't be oblivious to. My Pistons just barely escaped Game 6 vs. a very talented, and unbelievable Cavalier team led by King James, but I must say, he sort of choked there at the end when he didn't shoot the three-ball. My man Sheed was cool as the other side of the pillow scoring a monstrous 24 points and shot 4-8 from downtown. You see, he does walk-the-walk and talks-the-talk... Whoooo!!! Although he missed some crucial free-throws late, "Mr. Big Shot" Chauncey Billups made some key shots and free throws to bail the Pistons out. I can't forget Big Ben and Prince for keeping the ball alive on those huge 3 offensive rebounds during the final seconds of the game. And what about Sheed's post game interview that went something of the lines like this:

Interviewer: What was going through your mind after you missed those two free throws down the strech?

Sheed: I f'ed up...

Ok, now for Joey's pics for all the Game 7s coming up:

- Pistons over Cav's and hopefully, it's guaran-sheed!!

- Spurs over Mavs. I really thought the Mavs would win this series when they were ahead 3-1 and last night's lost may be to devestating to overcome. I expect this game to be close, but since the Spurs got the home court, I'll roll with them.

- Upset special pick: Clips over Suns. Yes, you heard me right and I can't believe I'm predicting the Clippers will make the Western Conference Finals. Has hell really frozen over?! Amazingly, some of the experts picked them to beat the Suns before this series started and I was like WTF. Now after watching this series so far, I don't believe they were smoking crack. Momentum is on their side and lets not hope the Mike Dunleavy jinx takes into effect like he did with the Blazers against the Lakers (ugh).

No comments:

Best US Sites