Sunday, May 28, 2006

Back from Spirit Mtn Again...

First off, I have to say I feel for JC Tran after watching last week's airing of the WPT LA Poker Classic. I got to meet and shake JC's hand in Reno and was appeared to be a down to earth guy. Seeing that 1 outer that Alan Goehring hit on Tran on the riva made me wanna vomit. This also made me think of the other two bad beats on the riva on previous WPT tapings that I'll never forget... Fishy Danny Nguyen's A-7 cracking an A-K after a King flopped and the donk hit running 7s to win the pot and Daniel Negreanu's 1 outer vs. Michael Mizrachi, but I must say, JC's one had to be the worst as it literally cost him $2.4 million dollars.

Just got back from Spirit Mtn about 2 hours ago. The poker room was flooded with a mine field of players. Probably was a 1 hr plus wait and didn't have the patience. I decided to stick around a lil' and watch the table in the entry that was a $3-6 FL table. One young and arrogant gun was dominating the table basically raising or betting the pots post flop and taking it down. Two donks at the table; an old guy and a young Asian guy felt the charity cause as they kept donating their mollah to him. I saw the old man chase an Ace high to showdown when the board came K-7-7-K-8 and the dominating young gun flipped over the double chickies (Queens). Another hand vs. an unexperienced Azn (in the BB) came where the young gun limped in middle position vs. the BB who had K5o. Flop came 5-4-2 with 2 hearts. BB bets and gets raised by our hero (the winning playa). Ace on turn which 4 straights the board. Donk checks; Hero bets and donk calls. Riva is Jack and check-bet-call. Hero flips over 4-2 of hearts for the straight. Wow what a table.

I go over to the Pai Gow table and tray my luck at it again as last time, I faired pretty well. Its hard to get into depth of Pai Gow since it basically is a lucky game with little or no skill. I start off well. I go up about $60 and buy the end of the day, I increase my bets (jinx) and go down $71 total in about 4+ hours of play. The majority of my ass-lashing came from the final dealer of the day (Fuck, thats normally the case. Why can't I just quit while I'm ahead at this game called Pai Gow?). Fat 280pd Stan blubbered his way to the felt and Dealt out Pai Gow's gallore. Stan, you ain't the man! Stan made my $50 profit into a $121 reverse into oblivion. A good leason one can take from this is to get away from hot (not sexually but card-wise) dealers because it was fuckin contagious and outragious and made me egregious.

No comments:

Best US Sites