Monday, May 15, 2006

Living "The College Life" (See Title of the Blog Page), BUT Came up Short Again...

"Close but no cigar" as the saying I've once heard. Play in Royal's College Poker Championships quarterfinals where it'd pay the top 10 with a $2500 prize pool with a cool $1000 for first. Another catch was that the top 10% would make it to the finals which in this case would have been the top 12 since there were 112 peeps representing the West Side!

Start off w/2K and 12 min blinds. I bluff my way to some pots early and win a pretty good pot w/3s full of Aces vs. some guy that mucked his hand and am in 2nd early. A good catalyst for me as I remain in the top 15 for alot of the tourny and survive bubble boy 12th and make the final table. I had two tight people to my right but so was the monster chip leader and the 2nd monster stack of my left so my seat was decent.

The big stacks took care of some small stacks and we are down to five. I make some bad bluffs but I had to try to make some moves or I'd be anted away. The short stacked tripled up with A-A (tight player) and ended up taking the chip lead and knocking me out eventually after I'd had bullied him so many times. He finally got tired and called my all in with 6-4 after he'd limped from the SB (blinds are 2000 and 4000). I had an unspectacular Dolly Parton 9-5 but decide to try to press my luck against the tight-wad but he calls over 16K more with the 6-4o and know his excuse was that he had chips... So I unhappily go out in 4th and get $225 for my 3 hours and 20 mins of play.

CPC Finals are on the 21st. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

moneymate said...

Nice Win!

Chuck said...

Hey way to go!

Like to watch funny videos I have collection of them at my blog. Love for you to come visit.

Best US Sites