Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Ying Yang effect




Just when I thought my luck was gonna change... I recently cashed playing the last 3 tournys all worth $120 or more with the most being $300 in one event.

Then I step back to the ring games which I have been getting annihilated by fishy poker tramps but I'll spare you my bad beat bitching.

One hand that was not a bad beat defenitely felt more devasting that a bad beat. As Hellmuth said this year in the WSOP, it was an ugly way to lose. Check this unholy hand out. Even had the Hellmuth hand: 2 black nines. Flopped a set of nines but my oppenent flopped a set of Kings and it was disastrous. I learned capping was not the best strategy in the past and well, thank goodness I learned my lesson or I could have lost a lot more. About $60 only time capped was on flop. River saved me as it pair 2 aces on the board (I feared he had an AK as I have once before lost to AK with KK when the board flopped rag-A-K only to have anothe ace hit the turn).
Maybes its time I take a break from the ring games for a while or go back to Pai Gow... ;-)

No comments:

Best US Sites