Saturday, February 18, 2006

Random thoughts

(F)art History

On Thursday, I got done with my midterms. The old Art History class that I've feared for so long. Suprisingly, I thought I did well... on the picture identification section of the test. It looked like I was gonna Ace the sum-bitch... but then, there was the dreaded vocabulary section with no multiple choice!! Shit-shit-fuck!!! Come on now (Prof.) Colbert, you are a nice guy and all but don't you try to screw us with this section. Most of the students in the class (and yours truely) are just taking the class for a BA requirement; not to become art junkie geeks like yourself. There were 20 vocabs identifications and I probably got 5 (at best; hopefully more) of them right. There goes 30 points of my grade. Dammit, I'll be lucky if I get a C :-/

Every Fish has his Day

Some bad luck at the poker tables. Following some strong secessions (over $300) at the table (6-9 seated), I tried playing short handed (3 handed) at the $3-6 table. One poker tramp (maniac) and the other, not so psycho. My top pairs ended up losing to very weak 2 pairs or four str8s/flushes on the board. One hand in particular that really pissed me off was that I got dealt 2-2 in the BB. Now, here is the story of me playin 2-2 ("ducks"). I never hit this hand if I'm in and if I fold, I'll hit it (hit quad 2s twice after a PF fold) so I figure I could make a ton against the maniac if I hit. Fold is A-K-2 all diamonds. I check and he bets and then I raise. Turn is a black 6; I bet and the donkey calls. River is a diamond putting for diamonds on the board making me check and he bets. I figure I am beat but this guy (from observation of him before sitting down) could have anything (A-5; 2-7; anything). I make the crying call on the river and he flips the 7-8 off suit with the 8 of diamonds. WTF!! Chases to the river with the draw with the 8 of diamonds?! Pocket 2s does it to me again (ranks with AQ and KQ for my hand killers). Please, do that again donkey. I'll be looking for your jackass in future. The player then leaves after the hand and I decide to take a break. I think about breaking my mouse but hold back (j/k). The only thing broken (but only merely) was the ol' bankroll. Combined with the other table I was playing at, I lost a nasty "hundsky" of my $300 back.

No comments:

Best US Sites