Friday, November 25, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving or so I hope you all did; FT Invitational

Hope you all had a stellar Thanksgiving. Nothing special for me this year. As usual, we had turkey with the relatives. Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, pumpkin pie. Man, I gotta do some sit-up/crunches now.

Happen to catch some of the Monte Carlo Full Tilt Invatational that featured probably the most potent table I'd ever seen. Ivey, Juanda, "Jesus" Ferguson, "The Mouth," Gus Hansen, "Devilfish" Ulliot, and last but not least, my man Phil Hellmuth. Didn't see the whole thing though as I missed some of it driving back from the relatives house. Caught Hellmuth's exit and how he berated Ferguson's bad call with A-5. LMAO!! Come on Phil, I can justify his call with you being short stack trying to steal on the button.

Talk about on fire, Phil Ivey won the Monte Carlo Millions the day before this Invitational and comes out on top of this event. Short-staked throughout the tourny but holding on and catching monster hands as the blinds went up, propelled him to knockout fellow Asian John Juanda. Damn, I've seen Juanda on TV so many times but have never seen him win one. Still, Juanda is probably one of the deadliest players out there. It's only a matter of time before I see him win a big one.

No comments:

Best US Sites