Monday, November 14, 2005

Rolla Coasta Past Few Days: Thoughts about Eddie Guerrero; Poker Tourny: I'm going to Reno!!

First off; Sheed is da man!! Pistons/Blazers game was closer than it should have been. Sheed rained some shots from downtown to stop every Blazer comeback. Winner and still World Heavyweight Champion, Roscoe (Sheed's name on his belt).



Yesterday (Sunday) was a very unforgettable day for me. Started off reading some wrasslin news. Unfortunately, I came upon some bad news and learned about "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero's death. Eddie was probably one of the best in ring performers of my time. A high flyer with great technical wrestling along with his humor antics and cheating made him one of my favorites. To hear that he died all of the sudden at a way too young of an age of 38 just made my jaw drop reading the news. Rest in peace Eddie. (Guys: watch RAW and SMACKDOWN this week to see the tribute shows dedicated to him. Should be good)

Played in the PokBlue satellite yesterday after last week's 2 1/2 hour play of finishing 19th and winning goose egg (nothing). Will low and behold, your's truely makes the final table and somehow wins the enchalada!! That's right!! Because of my huge dubya, I have won a trip to the upcoming WPT World Poker Challenge in Reno this March! Things looked really bad at start but by crunch time, I was near the top. Got lucky at times and made Phil Hellmuth (monster) laydowns. One time, when in first placewith about 15 or so left, I get dealt 7-7 in early position and raise it up. Only BB calls and flop is 6-9-10. He checks I bet about 40% of pot and he re-raises. I fold. Ok nothing spectacular about that hand. Still have chips and continue fighting.

At the final table, I start out in 2nd and get an AKo in mid position. Short stack UTG raised half his chippies and is folded around to me. I figure the dude was making a move and push my chippies into the pot. He shows K-9 and I have him dominated like a Traci Lords movie. Whoops; other way around as he flushes me on the river. Now went from 2nd to 6th with 8 to go. Not looking good.

Ok enough delaying. Here's my monster laydown or so I think it was. You be the judge. Two hands or so after that debacle flush, I get dealt a 9-9. Ah yes; the Phil Hellmuth hand (won with it in the 1989 WSOP and beat Chris Ferguson on final hand of the 1st match of the HU Championship). Short stack now raises and I re-raise enough to put him all in and hopefully knock-out the competition with the 2 RR and not risk too many of my chippies. Have about 28K left Guy next to me has 20K left and RR all-in and I take my time and fold the bad boy. If I called and lost I would have about 8,000 left and be in dead last with blinds about 500-1000 Never knew what the guy had put I was still in the tourny and I basically pulled a miracle out of my rear.

Down to 3 seated and I have a pretty solid player to my right and a maniac to my left. Maniac probably raised 65% of the hands. Pushed back all-in a few times and got the monkey to swing out of the hand. So dangerous. Later on, I get a 6-6 in the SB and 3.5 the blind. Maniac RR all-in and I take my time and thought why so much so I put him on an A-rag or 2 overs. I call it and he shows KQ and he misses board so now I have chip lead HU by 30K. I tell you what, if I had to face the maniac HU, I don't know if the outcome would of been the same.

My HU game has been very week lately. 2 runner ups in a row and now the big one on the line, I though how was I gonna choke next. No choking this time. Just eating the fish (he was a nice guy and not a fish; just a good word for the sentence). Play was fast and he eventually ran of chippies and now, I gotta work on the pokah face for Reno now.

*** (Guys if you want to try to win a satellite seat to a WSOP or WPT for FREE like I just did, email me. Create a new account at PokBlue by clicking this link here. Starting now, I will send ya $10 free if you register a new link through this link. If I get enough peeps to sign up, I will try to offer rakeback as well). ***

After tourny, it was time to study for my exam in 14 hours. I know I passed the test but by how much? ;-)

3 comments:

Poker Road Warrior said...

Man i'm jacked. You acted so cool but I know you are too!

Great job bud! You got a shot in Reno! You have played a ton and can do it!


SHark

imjusthere4thebeer said...

Congrats on Reno!

The Average Joe said...

Thanks guys for the comments. Will be my first trip to the Las Vegas area. Most definitely looking forward to the event.

Best US Sites