Sunday, November 20, 2005

Takin down another tourny and other thoughts

Finally. Christian.. Christain!! At last, you're in TNA!! This guy can work the microphone and the crowd. So glad that he made the move from the WWE. No more being held back like Billy Madison in elementary school. Oh no no no junior!! NWA World Heavyweight Title in the future. That's how Christian rolls!!

After last weeks satellite win, I don't know how I could have top that. Well, the answer, nothing (unless another WPT or WSOP seat). So I just played a $2,000 tournament today. 907 combined entrants filled with homerun swinging (peeps all in every hand) donks and some familar forum players. Was doing fine early gathering chippies from catching the fly balls from the donks. Make pay and go very far. Remained in the top to middle area throughout most of tourny. Took some hits and ended up being 25th out 25 near the end. There was one hand were I got dealt J-J UTG and raised 3x the blind. Unbelievably, I got called by 3 other people. Don't people respect a raise from 1st position?! Obviously not. Now, BB is ready to act (chip leader at the table) and he moves all-in. Holy shit!! I take most of the time and I reluctantly fold it. It's called by everyone else with hands 9-10s, KQ, and K-10. How the hell did these clowns make it this far?! BB shows A-A. Wow what a good laydown by me. Whoops... Jack on river would have given me the dubya. Son of a bitch! Hellmuth might have been proud of my laydown. Things don't look good.

In position, my A-9 doubles up over an A-3 and jump a few spots. Put some moves on and I somehow make the final table. I start the final table in the middles. A few hands in, I take a hit holding J-J running into Cowboys. Damn Jacks were a jackass today. Went from 60K or so to about 20K. Immediately next hand, I get an Ace and push. Called by 2 people and I split with one guy. I get an AKs a few hands later and raise and is RR all-in by some1 holdin AKo. I miraculously flushed out on him and now I have a good chance at winning!!

Now, HU. 10 hands or so in a limp with Q-5s. I am slightly behind. I flop a flush; check-check it goes. Turn is a blank and I bet and he raises. I think and RR half my chips and he RR all-in. I call. He flips over a str8 and I cripple him. 2 hands later, my 4-4 holds up against his all in Q-8 and I am $300 richer!! Now, how does this mojo work for live tournaments? Will need to work on that for Reno!!

No comments:

Best US Sites