Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Heat is on...

How appropriately titled is this anticipated entry for my fellow blog readers (probably 8 of you ;-D). The first day of summer, Mark Cuban's tantrums costing him a cool $250K, and the Miami Heat are somehow the NBA champions after Shaq's spectacular 9 point game. I tell ya something. Dwayne Wade played just like MJ. Playing sick didn't even stop him as he was the undestructable phenom. If it weren't for him, they don't get past my Pistons, and they would be out in 5 games vs. the Mavs. I tell ya what though. This has gotta be the biggest choke EVER in playoff history; even more than our beloved Blazer's choke of Game 7 vs. the Lakers back in 2001. The Mavs literally where up 3-0 (or 2.87 games to 0) when leading by 13 with six and a half to go and Game 3 and it went down the toilet from there. Sure, I thought the refs where conspired to help the Heat in all the games, but last night, the Mavs struggled like a fat kid in PE class. After blowing a 14 point lead in Game 6, the Heat comeback and never trail again as they (or should I say Dwayne Wade) take 'er down. I am happy that GP (Gary Payton) finally got his ring but am pissed that Zo' Mourning (who I've always thought to be overrated) and bum and former Blazer Derek Anderson now also have 1 championship to their name.

Enough of the NBA. Tonight marks the premiere of the televised WPT World Poker Challenge that I played in and attended the final table. I was pretty animated and wild throughout the big hands so look for yours truely on TV. I even still remember all the big hands that happened, even the 1 being advertised on TV (spoiler coming up so stop reading if you don't want to be spoiled) where Jonas (the guy with the huge sunglasses and weak play) puts it all in w/an AJ vs. Jason Stern's (who probably deserved to win this whole thing if he could only win the hands where he was a 3-1 favorite or better) pocket Kings. You guessed it... ace on flop but thats not all. You are gonna have to watch the HU match to see how brutal of the beats that this man takes. Let's say it'll make Tuan Le proud.

No comments:

Best US Sites