Saturday, April 15, 2006

BPT Event # 3



Woah!! I write to you guys after just completing about 3 hours in the BPT: the battle of bloggers and it was a blogfest indeed!! My buddy Steve "Shark" Hathaway had the privilege of hosting this prestigious event (congrats on that), and happened to be at the same starting table as Master Shark, but unfortunately, he was launched to the e-rail pretty about an hour into the event.

Also played w/fellow Shark member, stewnana and he had a monstrous chip stack early and was punishing me (and Shark) when he got moved to the same table as us. Table change please!!

Not very many big hands for me today, never hit trips, a straight, or even flush that I recall that won me a big pot. Biggest pocket pair all day were those dreaded Queens that screwed me over at the WPT World Poker Challenge, but today, they held up and didn't run into even bigger monsters.

I went into the final table as the chip leader and was fairly aggressive early w/my gigantic stack over 44K until I raised w/an unspectaclur J-10o and got recapped by the short stack of 9K or so and had the odds to call and lost to his A-A.

I remained in the top 4 for most of the final table and did get lucky this one hand where I pushed w/A9 and got called by an 8-8 and hit an Ace on the river. With this heater, I drove my way to the final 2 playing headsup with player "actyper." Actyper played phenomenally. He about just about a 3.5-1 chip lead when we started (over 100K vs. my 33K) and pushed me around early. Was a battle of ruthless aggression indeed. However, when I hit top pair of kings, and actyper bet out 1st, I reraised, and then he recapped all in. I figured I was beat but most my chippies where in there and had to call. To my surprise, I have him beat (mid pair) and my hand holds up. He never really recovered from that and yours truely took it down!! Again, congrats to Actyper and the final 4 for qualifying for the big event!!

Have a blog and want to get into the fun and possibly win free cash, I-pod, or even a seat into the WSOP, click here

I completely ignored lunch and am starving now. I'm so hungry, I could eat a vegetable (though I do)!! Hope you enjoyed. Chow-now!!

4 comments:

actyper said...

Thx, you played a solid game! Enjoy your dinner, was eating while I was playing. And no, I'm a dude. :)

PearlSnapMan said...

Congrats on the victory, see you at the final!

RGC2005 said...

88 on the short stack...
What can I say.
Congrats

imjusthere4thebeer said...

Congrats! I missed the event, having to unregister last second when I found out the server clock was off by one hour, relative to actual time. I wasn't going to be able to finish the tournament due to family obligations, so I wasn't comfortable entering to "donate."

I played in the first bpt event, and its a tough field. U had to have been a monster playing your typical tough poker game.

Congrats once again and talk to you soon!

Mike

Best US Sites