Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The (Average) Joe is Ready to Throw Down Again!!

Well, the final WPT event for Season 4 is in the books and low and behold, another young gun rises to the top and finds his way to multi-millions as Joe Bartholdi takes down the $3.7+ million 1st prize. I don't recall this young pro but after seeing some pictures of him, I recognized him from one of the rare UPC (Ultimate Poker Challenge) shows that I saw in which he took it down!! This guy must be the real deal now capturing IMO the most prestigious title in poker. Yeah the World Series of Poker Championship had over 5K people this year and this year's estimate is probably gonna exceed 8K peeps but probably 80% of the field is scattered with mine fields of donks. The WPT brings out the best with probably 80% of the field are sharks (Personally opinion; playing in the WPT Reno event, I don't recall a donk except for maybe that guy I had on tilt that got rewarded for his bad play putting it in w/a King high vs. my Q-Q... enough said). The popularity of the WPT is exponentially growing that I believe that maybe in a couple of years, the field will have a good share of fishies in the field.

Ok, so Joe Bartholdi threw it down like Shaq giving a monster dunk-facial to Erick Dampier... Now, like that Joe, this Joe (me) is determined to achieve something in the poker world. I have decided to fork over some of my online winnings to invest it into at least one of the $1000 buyins at this years WSOP. Gotta hit something so I can buildth my bankith-roll so maybe I can one day drop out of school like all these young guns and try to live the poker dream :-D

No comments:

Best US Sites