Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Terry Porter's Number to be Retired... My Disgust with "The Real Dirty-Thirty"...

A sad day for Blazer history as it was announced today that they will retire slimeball Terry Porter. I have previously written why and just sent a letter to Oregonian writer and 95.5 The Game's personality of the Bald Face Truth: John Canzano about my thoughts of Mr. Porter that also includes the situation between him and my father:



Terry Porter Comments and Dark Story...
Joey Wong
to JohnCanzano

show details 11:48 PM (5 minutes ago)



Canzano!!

Caught your podcast and wanted to comment about the Terry Porter (and Bob Gross) # 30 retirement. I'm not going to get into depth of the obvious stuff you talked about with there already being too many undeserving numbers being retired, Porter's numbers not being phenomenal enough...

I want to let you know the OTHER SIDE of Terry Porter: Back in the early 1990s, Terry Porter brought his new Mercedes to my father's auto body shop called New Dimension Body & Paint. He wanted to get his moldings and bumper painted to match the rest of the body of the car (about an $1,800 job). Terry was recommended to me by an acquaintance of mine named Eddie, who was a car salesman.

According to Porter, part of the deal for the new Mercedes was for Eddie to pay for the paint job of Terry's car, but Eddie never informed my dad of that... Porter than said that my dad (name So Hin) should ask Eddie to pay for the job and he INSURED my dad that if Eddie would not pay for it, then he would come back and pay for it. My father called Eddie and Eddie said to have Porter pay for it as he wasn't aware of that stipulation. When my dad tried to call Porter back, he would not return my dad's calls and messages. My father even got Kevin Duckworth (Duck, Jerome, and Damon were all customers of ours. The three were genuine people to us with Duck and Jerome being repeat customers and Duck being the most closest to my father) to leave messages to Porter about the situation and still to this day, 16 or 17 years later, not a damn thing. What is $1,800 to somebody of Porter's caliber??

Mr. Canzano, I am a big fan of your radio show and column and respect what you do. The next time you get a chance to interview Mr. Porter (or anyone from 95.5 The Game), I'd like you to bring this situation up to him and see how he reacts to this. He has no excuses!

The only numbers I recognize in the rafters of retired numbers are Walton and Drexler, and it bugs me that there are so many undeserving numbers hanging... However, the one that would bug me the most would be the familiarity of Terry Porter...

Radio friendly as you say, "jackass" is a word that I would best associate with Terry Porter.

Kind Regards,

--
Joey Wong
http://trailbloggingblazerfan.blogspot.com/
503-975-2623

No comments:

Best US Sites