Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Week in Rage: Nate McMillan

I'll borrow this title from my favorite radio show's segment: The Adam Carolla Show. I won't have a top 5 like he does... I just have one thing in mind and if you read my last post or scroll down, you will know it's on none other than Blazers coach Nate McMillan...

I'm angry:

After the last two Blazer road games (a heart-breaking choke to the 76ers followed by a massacre to the Gilbert Arenas-less Wizards), I think its time KP (Kevin Pritchard) scrutinize really hard on who should be coaching this team in the future...

Having a 25 point lead vs. a very unimpressive 76ers team (minus there second best player Kyle Korver too may I add) and a 17 point lead going into the 4th quarter, a coach must think, "ok now, we have a 17 point lead on a team that just shot 70% in the 3rd quarter (and eventually in the 4th quarter too), what do we need to do to stop these guys?? Well, Joel Przybilla is a great hustle guy, my best defender, and best rebounder and the 76ers keep crashing the boards and are still shooting 70% from the field... "I think I'll let him sit the entire 4th quarter" thought said Nate in his mind while I'll let the 76ers come back and beat my team... Job accomplished... WTF!! This isn't rocket scientist Nate... And then to go into the post-game conference to say that we need to do a better job of rebounding... UUUGGGHHH!!

Now if that wasn't enough, onto the game vs. the Arenas-less Wizards... Let's continue with the same lineup of having 3 guards in at the same time and have our opponents crush us on the rebounds again... Well-done... Oh, and let's bench Sergio Rodriquez for Taureen Green after Sergio made a couple bad plays in the 4th quarter last night... WTF Nate?! How dare you bench the most electrifying point guard "Spanish Chocolate" after the 76ers game... Did you ever realize that everybody was making bad plays last night in the 4th quarter (with the exception of Aldridge and Roy)... Did Nate ever think, "Well, maybe this is my fault and not just Sergio so I shouldn't bench him b/c of my terrible substitutions and brainless coaching abilities...

Oh, and this comes to mind... Nate McMillan is a big blowhard... Remember last week after the Pistons game where he praised Sergio letting him play deep into the 4th quarter... Well, I guess his memory isn't the best either...

Just imagine a few years ago, when we had a chance to hire the Suns assistant coach Mike Ivaroni where we could have adopted this successful blueprint and have the flashy Sergio running the show... UUUGGGHHH...

No comments:

Best US Sites