Friday, January 05, 2007

Legend Steelers Coach Bill Cowher Steps Down

Today, we have (temporarily)lost an iconic "chin" figure (like John Travolta ridiculous chin as he says in the move Face Off, Peter Griffin's "ball chin", and Glen Quagmire's "rump chin" in coach Bill Cowher of the Steelers as he said that he was "resigning." Bill had to be one of my most fav. coaches to watch as he gave quite the priceless facial expressions on sidelines. After some disappointing years of coming so close to winning (but led to some great facial expressions or even blow ups), I was glad to finally see Coach Cowher win the big one... AND againt the team I hate the most, the Seahawks!!

Watching ESPN, John Clayton analyzes that Cowher will sit out the 2007 season but there is a good chance that he will be back in 2008 or 2009 and not necessarily with the Steelers, the team that he has led for 15 years. Hint the word "resign" and not "retire".

So on Cowher's big announcement, I would like to list my fav. NFL coaches' that give the best facial expressions, in no particular order:

* Bill Cowher
* Marty Shottenhimer
* Tom Caughlin
* Brian Billick
* Bill Parcels
* Jeff Fisher
* Herman Edwards
* Jim Mora Sr.

I know I am missing a few names... fill free to give me your picks...

Speaking of picks, I'm gonna give my picks for this weekends NFL Wildcard Playoffs:

- Indy over KC
- Pats over Jets
- My man Garcia and the Eagles over the G-men
- And my upset special, Cowboys over the Seahawks

No comments:

Best US Sites