Monday, May 01, 2006

Worst Weak of Poker for Me Ever...

"I'm glad I didn't get jiggy with it that hand." - Phil Hellmuth, Jr from Poker SuperStars III.

Hellmuth played some superb poker in this episode making incredible reads and then of course finished 2nd after 2 bad beats heads-up vs. Freedy Deeb where his K-Q lost to Freedy's unspectacular 4-9 after Phil flopped his Queen and Freedy hit running cards for a straight and then Phil's AK lost to Freedy's KJ after the KJ flopped. Boy, this guy is truely unlucky :-D

This quote also gets me wondering what kind of music Phil listens to under his headphones. I couldn't imagine him listening to some gansta rap but after this quote, I picture him being the next Vanilla Ice... o wait, he's gone... Eminem??

The quote I wish I had done this week as I suffered a 100% ass-kicking at a combined 3 poker sites. A week where I wish I did my homework instead of play poker. So many damn rivers that I lost track of (and don't remember all my beats so don't worry, I won't be ranting on them) and so many missed draws between the $2-4 and $3-6 really put a dent in my bankroll. They said there'd be days/weeks like this and this was it.

Does this mean I will stop playing? Will I stop playing at these sites? Of course not. Every fish has to have his day otherwise they wouldn't come back. Sure $800 is alot for a college student like me. I could have bought a nice laptop or an X-BOX 360 with that kind of money, but I am confident that I can regain my dough back. Maybe not in a span of a week, but that's poker. A game of patience grasshoppers.

No comments:

Best US Sites