Monday, July 17, 2006

Hellmuth Gets a Second Chance at History

Oh boy. Legend poker brat Phil Hellmuth recently came up just shy of capturing his 10th bracelet in the $5,000 NL holdem event at this year's WSOP. Tonight, Phil gets another chance to join godfather of poker Doyle Brunson and the Oriental Express Johnny Chan to hold 10 bracelet. However, all of Hellmuth's bracelets have come from Holdem events. The event tonight will be Omaha 8/B. Currently, Phil is in 2nd in chips so it's not a long shot and it's about time Hellmuth captured a bracelet in a WSOP other than Holdem.

I meant to write about this earlier, but I somehow forgot. On a different note, the poker site PokerHost appears to be going south. When I went to Reno, they had a whole bunch of people from their brand at tables and wandering around trying to get their cards out. Well, at Vegas, there was no site of them. On another interesting note, I've noticed that all of their pros that have sponsored them have abandoned their ship. Men "The Master" Nguyen has made a move to Poker4Ever, Hoyt Corkins has moved over to Doyle Brunson's site, and Ted Forrest, who recently wore a PokerHost shirt at the NBC Headsup Championships, has switched over to join Yosh Nakano as co-captain at PokBlue. What does this mean for PokerHost? Well, I don't really give a damn as I've don't have an account there and probably won't because of all the flaky things I've heard about them, and I guess the pros have discovered the same. I thought I'd pass this along with some free time on my hand.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Best US Sites